× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR700 - laptop wont connect

marquisjhole
Follower

Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR700 - laptop wont connect

I have a brand new Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR700 - I have set it up and tried to troubleshoot everything - I am able to get my phones/tvs and SONOS to all connect to and recognize the router.  I have three laptops that are unable to recognize the  new router when I try to connect.  When I connect the laptop to the ethernet it will recognize, but it will not when I unplug and try to use the new wireless connection. 

I have unplugged the modem, router, and the computers - in the correct order to try and have them reset.  The same issue happens.  I'm still unable to get the laptops to connect.

I am also able to - as I am writing here now - connect to my iPhone hot spot which is connected to the router to get on line.  

What do I need to do?  Help

Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR700 - laptop wont connect

If a computer does not recognize ("see") the wireless name "on air" (permitting the broadcast of the name is not disabled, and the wireless name was not configured) it's typically a problem with channels not supported or not allowed by the computer or it's wireless interface.

Some vendors have restricted the wireless clients to use the channel set based on the intended place of sales for the product, some vendors don't allow using channels not allowed based on the device location.

Worth a try is updating the wireless drivers beyond to what Microsoft does supply, or the OEM has originally distributed.

Simply not enough information (exact XR700 model destination, location, wireless client devices, laptop models, laptop OS, ...) to provide more help.

Message 2 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you using smart connect by any chance? If so I'd suggest disabling that and try connecting individually to 2.4/5GHz and see if that resolves it.
Message 3 of 4
Walker0_0
Aspirant

Could your clients saw SSID? Or they just can't connected?

Static IP may helps.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7