× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk Pro console gaming bandwidth fluctuation

Kmak_Mak
Follower

Nighthawk Pro console gaming bandwidth fluctuation

Hello, I just bought the XR1000 primarily to stabilize the connection on my Xbox Series X. After installing it today, I realize that the benchmark speed test on the router came up as: Download 800 Mbps and Upload 850 Mbps (approx.). However, when i run the same test on the console, I cant get more than 300Mbps in either direction, am I doing something wrong here?

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk Pro console gaming bandwidth fluctuation

It could just be the server the console is connected to. 

What speed does a laptop/pc get hardwired into the router? 

Message 2 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Console speed tests are not always accurate, if you're getting your speeds through a PC speedtest that's the most important. If the console needs all your speeds it will be able to take it.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Game consoles have never been known to have the best or accurate networking and speed reporting mechanisms. 

Be sure your console is wired and using CAT6 Lan cable for best speed and performance operations.

@Kmak_Mak wrote:

Hello, I just bought the XR1000 primarily to stabilize the connection on my Xbox Series X. After installing it today, I realize that the benchmark speed test on the router came up as: Download 800 Mbps and Upload 850 Mbps (approx.). However, when i run the same test on the console, I cant get more than 300Mbps in either direction, am I doing something wrong here?

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7