× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk(R) X4S R7800 DNS Resolve stability + lost the ability to route DNS requests internally

keezza
Tutor

Nighthawk(R) X4S R7800 DNS Resolve stability + lost the ability to route DNS requests internally

Hi, recently i have noticed a decline in the stability of my DNS resolution through the nighthawk router, particularly after the latest firmware update. I have tried multiple DNS services over a period of time and they all seem to be of a similar behaiour. Don't get me wrong the internet works most of the time. But, every now and again the DNS will crash and i have to click apply with in the routers internet settings to reset the DNS and it works again. 

Similarly, i used to use DNSMASQ on the network to cache and resolve DNS queries on my Raspberry PI. However, i have also lost the ability to use internal DNS services since the firmare update.

Does anyone have more information on this?

Thanks in advance

Keezza

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk(R) X4S R7800 DNS Resolve stability + lost the ability to route DNS requests internally

Please post about this here for your model router:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk
You might try Voxels 3rd party FW as well. 
Good Luck.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7