× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R6700v3 and MyQ Chamberlin Compatability

weavere5
Follower

Nighthawk R6700v3 and MyQ Chamberlin Compatability

Let me preface this with I am very much a newbie at computer stuff, tonight I installed a new router (my house got broken into while on vacation so I'm switching everything) and got most of my devices set up and I consider this a win. The only thing I'm having a problem with is my wifi garage door opener...the MyQ. I get prompted to join the MyQ wifi and that's where things go south. It seems like the wifi on my garage door opener isn't talking to my router. I've done googling for the past hour or so and there seems like there used to be a community forum on MyQ's website with some insight or at least from what I can see some similar questions to mine but all the links take me to the HELP landing page. 

I have made sure that my phone is connected to the 2.4 ghz network and not the 5 ghz while trying to pair the two devices. 

The Nighthawk app on my phone has the most current firmware loaded (V.1.0.4.78_10.0.55). I'm at my wits end and would love to get this transition done. 

I have tried uninstalling the MyQ app and reinstalling it. I've also deleted the garage door opener and tried to install it as new and neither thing worked. I've tried from the wall control and also from the learn button on the opener itself. 

Any helpful hints, ideas, etc welcome and very much appreciated!

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R6700v3 and MyQ Chamberlin Compatability

Please post about this here for your model router:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

Good Luck.

@weavere5 wrote:

Let me preface this with I am very much a newbie at computer stuff, tonight I installed a new router (my house got broken into while on vacation so I'm switching everything) and got most of my devices set up and I consider this a win. The only thing I'm having a problem with is my wifi garage door opener...the MyQ. I get prompted to join the MyQ wifi and that's where things go south. It seems like the wifi on my garage door opener isn't talking to my router. I've done googling for the past hour or so and there seems like there used to be a community forum on MyQ's website with some insight or at least from what I can see some similar questions to mine but all the links take me to the HELP landing page. 

I have made sure that my phone is connected to the 2.4 ghz network and not the 5 ghz while trying to pair the two devices. 

The Nighthawk app on my phone has the most current firmware loaded (V.1.0.4.78_10.0.55). I'm at my wits end and would love to get this transition done. 

I have tried uninstalling the MyQ app and reinstalling it. I've also deleted the garage door opener and tried to install it as new and neither thing worked. I've tried from the wall control and also from the learn button on the opener itself. 

Any helpful hints, ideas, etc welcome and very much appreciated!

Message 2 of 4
sbhakta05
Aspirant

Faced similar issues until I changed the security for 2.4GHZ to WPA2 personal. I only have one SSID so the router automatically assigns which Frequency it uses. 5GHZ is assigned WPA2 & WPA3 Personal. Hope this helps!! Here is the page from Chamberlain for MyQ Settings. https://support.chamberlaingroup.com/s/article/Recommended-router-settings-for-the-MyQ-Wi-Fi-product...

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
Don717
Aspirant

Same problem with my ac1750...drove me nuts ...until I simply unplugged the router, plug it back in, voila the myQ app began working without  going through set up again. Like my IT guy always says, "reboot".

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7