× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk RX700 cuts out internet

GhillieK9
Apprentice

Nighthawk RX700 cuts out internet

I received my RX700 yesterday (along with my CM1100). I started setting everything up and it seemed to be working just fine. Then, suddenly my RX700 would cut out the internet. Even within the phone app it shows that there is no internet. The strange thing is that when I test the internet speed through the app, it works and shows a really good connection. I am not sure if it is something that I connected to it that messed up something. When I unplug/plug it in, sometimes it'll work for a few minutes then it goes out again. Before I do a factory reset and go through all the settings again, anyone have an idea what it could be?

Message 1 of 7

Greetings,

RX700?  There is no such product.

Are you referring to an XR700?

Things to Confirm:

Start by connecting directly to your cable modem.  Do you have stable / consistent internet?

What version of FW is the XR700 running?

Did you upgrade it recently, if so how?

If your internet is stable from the modem, a reset and reconfiguratin of the router is recommended.

If you upgraded the router as part of its intial set up, and did not do so manually reflashing the same FW version might help as using the Auto-Check and Update, Genie App or Automatic Update has proven to be unreliable.  Some FW is more stable than others too, so having the latest isn't always best.

Please start by answering the questions and performing the reset.  We can help further once you reply.

Message 2 of 7
GhillieK9
Apprentice

Sorry yes I meant the XR700...

As far as firmware, the one it came with is the most up to date so I didn't flash a new one. Same thing with the modem.

I did plug into the modem directly and it worked.

I will have to do the restore i guess. Just hoped not to have to but I'll try it. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 7
GhillieK9
Apprentice

I've done a full reset and I am still on the 1.0.1.8 FW version...no issues (yet) and I did the reset last night. Not sure which setting it was that was causing all that or just a glitch. 

Thank you all

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Keep an eye on it. Let us know if you see the issue again. Maybe a reset and setup from scratch is all thats needed. 

Message 6 of 7
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hope it continues to work well for you OP, but let us know on here if not!

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7