× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X10 VOIP/IP capable?????

ScottyB45
Aspirant

Nighthawk X10 VOIP/IP capable?????

Hi all,

Appreciate this is a gaming section but as it's Nighthawk specific thought I'd give it a spin anyway.

New house build has fibre to the property which is great but has caused a few headaches with simple needs I have for my home business; one of which is basic telephony. Just got off the phone with my ISP who rekon the X10 does not support VOIP....quick google search not shedding much light and my Netgear support apparently now expired so thought I'd try the community as suggested. I can see a load of info on confirmed capabilities of earlier models but not keen to go "back", or worse still use the box standard router provided by my ISP.

Anyone have the definitive answer? Appreciate any contribution.

Scott.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk X10 VOIP/IP capable?????

Please post about this here for your model router:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk
You might try Voxels 3rd party FW as well. 
Good Luck.

@ScottyB45 wrote:

Hi all,

Appreciate this is a gaming section but as it's Nighthawk specific thought I'd give it a spin anyway.

New house build has fibre to the property which is great but has caused a few headaches with simple needs I have for my home business; one of which is basic telephony. Just got off the phone with my ISP who rekon the X10 does not support VOIP....quick google search not shedding much light and my Netgear support apparently now expired so thought I'd try the community as suggested. I can see a load of info on confirmed capabilities of earlier models but not keen to go "back", or worse still use the box standard router provided by my ISP.

Anyone have the definitive answer? Appreciate any contribution.

Scott.

Message 2 of 3
ScottyB45
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk X10 VOIP/IP capable?????

Thanks Furrye38.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements