× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X6S extender and C7000v2 modem/router, Strict NAT, how to get it to OPEN

VampyreGTX
Aspirant

Nighthawk X6S extender and C7000v2 modem/router, Strict NAT, how to get it to OPEN

So I replaced my Xfinity gateway with the Netgear C7000v2 modem/router combo.  I also have the Nighthawk X6S extender for my server and gaming PC to connect to in a seperate room.  I cannot get the NAT on any game I play to display open, no matter on setting the required port (3074 for BlackOps 4 for example) to port fowarding. Even with PnP enabled it still wouldn't go open on any game. 

I've heard extenders and Open NATs don't play well, I would just rather not have to get a WiFi card for the PC if I didn't have to. 

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Nighthawk X6S extender and C7000v2 modem/router, Strict NAT, how to get it to OPEN

Does your ISP assign a public routeable IPv4 address to your router WAN/Internet port?

@VampyreGTX wrote:

I've heard extenders and Open NATs don't play well, ...

The only point is that the systems on the extender get different MAC addresses, so different DHCP assigned IPv4 addresses for the port forwarding. Beyond, there is no further restriction.

Aside, can a moderator please move this into the Cable modem/router community section please?

Message 2 of 3
VampyreGTX
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk X6S extender and C7000v2 modem/router, Strict NAT, how to get it to OPEN

@schumaku wrote:

Does your ISP assign a public routeable IPv4 address to your router WAN/Internet port?

Aside, can a moderator please move this into the Cable modem/router community section please?

Not sure; how do I check to see on the IPv4 address?

Also, sorry about posting in the wrong location! 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7