× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk XR 500 issues connecting with Consolidated Communications

Eldavidorey
Follower

Nighthawk XR 500 issues connecting with Consolidated Communications

I have called consolidated to have them give the router permission to connect but it will not connect to the internet. They claimed there's nothing more they can do. It's a brand new router. Went through set up. Internet light is orange and won't turn white. Supposedly it has connection approval on consolidateds end. Please help me resolve this issue
Message 1 of 3

Re: Nighthawk XR 500 issues connecting with Consolidated Communications

@Eldavidorey wrote:
I have called consolidated to have them give the router permission to connect but it will not connect to the internet.

We know nothing about the Internet connection that they provide.

DSL? Cable Fibre to your front door?

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Cable Modems, Routers and DSL Modems. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.) The XR500 isn't a DSL modem/router.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers - NETGEAR Communities

I have asked the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Nighthawk XR 500 issues connecting with Consolidated Communications

Do you know if you require anything like PPPoE, VLAN etc to make a successful information? Did they give you any information like that?
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7