× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk XR1000 Autodetect Bandwidth

Deijeneiro
Guide

Nighthawk XR1000 Autodetect Bandwidth

Dear Netgear and community, 

My internet is fiber optic.

Now I have my Netgear Router directly connected to the fiber optic via PPPoE connection.
Everything works except when I test the automatic bandwidth. This shows my download correctly. 
Namely 1000mbit but my upload speed just hangs at 300/350 mbit. When I do the speedtest on different sites, it shows the speeds correctly.

1000/1000 mbit. Now as a gamer, I want to have everything right so that I can make the right QoS.

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Don't use the built in speedtest. Its not accurate because it rarely chooses the best server. 

You can manually setup your speeds in the qos if you're wanting qos

Message 2 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We're still improving the reporting of Benchmark and Auto Detect Speeds, not to worry though you can just enter it in manually and continue to get the speeds you expect.
Message 3 of 7
Deijeneiro
Guide

True, but nevertheless if I put the right speed.
Then if I run the benchmark test. It says 345 of the 1000 mbit for the upload and therefor my score is A/B instead of A+.
Message 4 of 7
Deijeneiro
Guide

So just ignore the speeds and benchmarks then, for now?
Message 5 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes that's what I would recommend. With your speeds you're unlikely to saturate the connection enough where bufferbloat would be much of an issue
Message 6 of 7
Deijeneiro
Guide

Oke, will do that. Thanks for the reply!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7