× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk XR1000 ok to use in AP Bridge mode?

Maloney714
Initiate

Nighthawk XR1000 ok to use in AP Bridge mode?

Hi Guys, hope all who read are well? I just wanted to ask if it's better to run the Nighthawk XR1000 in bridge mode?

I have noticed, as you would, a massive reduction in options for the access point. If I run it in router mode will it cause issues? And can it be run in router mode without it causing issues please, My Rig, OS etc as follows;

Device name Razor-Blade 17" 4K 144Hz
Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900H 2.50 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB 
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
OS Windows 11 Pro

ISP BT- 40Mbps - 10Mbps up

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk XR1000 ok to use in AP Bridge mode?

You won't be able to use the Duma OS gaming features in AP mode. 

Message 2 of 5
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

As rightly mentioned above, AP mode disables all DumaOS features and leaves the router acting as an access point.

We'd suggest running the XR1000 in router mode, if you have any issues with this configuration I'm sure we can assist you to resolve them.

Message 3 of 5
Maloney714
Initiate

Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm having issues with IP addressing on the network, it's addressing with 10.0.0.1 and so on. I wanted the router to keep the original 192.168.1.1 and so on...

Is there a way to have the router continue the addressing like that please? when I try to change the setting I get an addressing conflict warning and it fails

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

It'll be doing this because the upstream router also uses the LAN IP of 192.168.1.1. If you want the XR to have this address, change the LAN IP of the upstream router/modem to something else.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7