× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk XR300 Lack of remote access

unhappyuser3456
Aspirant

Nighthawk XR300 Lack of remote access

Just purchased the above Router to install in a Clients premises.

Write up and box clearly states that the Router is accessable remotely.

Plugin, Set up. Connects to internet - check.

No option to setup remote access.

Google for solution - Logon to Router - Select Advanced setting - select remote access, NOPE!

There is no Remote access option in ANY menu option never mind Advanced settings!

Is there a solution to this or do I need to return the router and purchase and install a TP-Link for my client?

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Nighthawk XR300 Lack of remote access

The XR300 does have a few less features than the other XR routers so if it is not available in Settings > Advanced Settings > Remote Management then I would say it's not available currently. If it was our feature I could provide some more information but as it is a Netgear feature I couldn't say whether they will include it any time soon. If it is a major necessity then would suggest returning it - if you still want an XR router with this feature then the XR500 has it.
Message 2 of 4
unhappyuser3456
Aspirant

I could accept that it doesn't have remote access, if it didn't say on the box that IT HAS IT!

The help page says that it HAS IT!
The manual says IT HAS IT!

Am I missing something here?
If I have to return it I can guarantee I will never buy a Netgear product again! I've wasted time, effort and money on this job, which I can never recover from the customer and it's all due to incorrect and illegal claims for the product! 

APPALING PRODUCT, COMPANY AND RESPONSE.
Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I wish I could give you a better answer or more information, I work for Netduma (the creators of the DumaOS part) not settings or hardware and so we didn't handle the marketing/packaging for the product etc. You could make a ticket here for Netgear if you would prefer as this is just the community forum: https://www.netgear.com/support/

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7