× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk XR300 faulty bufferbloat

ottoyaboy
Follower

Nighthawk XR300 faulty bufferbloat

Hi,

So I've got a Nighthawk XR300 hooked up to my ISP modem which is in bridge mode. I've been using Anti Bufferbloat for months now. All of a sudden about 2-3 weeks ago I noticed that when I set my Anti Bufferbloat to always, it would not actually switch on (noticed due to the speeds I was getting on Speedtest). So i reset the device and tried again but still it wasn't activating. So i tried disabling and re-enabling QOS multiple times and randomly after doing this over and over it seemed to work again. I've also noticed that whenever I restart my router whilst anti bufferbloat is on it will stop working after the restart even though "Always" is ticked. The only way to fix it and to actually get it to turn on is to disable and re-enable QOS and anti bufferbloat multiple times until I get lucky. Someone please help me. I don't understand what the problem is

Kind Regards 

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
microchip8
Master

Re: Nighthawk XR300 faulty bufferbloat

Bufferbloat not only depends on the router but also on the modem. If your modem has large caches/buffers, your bufferbloat score will go down. I found that myself the hard way with my old modem. Swapped it for a new one and now I always get an A score on bufferbloat

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Nighthawk XR300 faulty bufferbloat

How are you restarting the router exactly, are you unplugging it and replugging it in? If so reboot from the interface instead, does it work after that?
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7