× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk XR500 - BT TV with Youview works for 4/5 and stops

kortex49
Aspirant

Nighthawk XR500 - BT TV with Youview works for 4/5 and stops

Hi Netgear community,

I just purchased a Nighhawk Pro Gaming XR500 and althgouh the QoS, Devices and Network Management are working as designed, I am really struggling to get the BT TV working.

Using the recommended setting, Which is to untick "Disable IGMP proxy" and tick the sub option "Use BT IPTV IGMP proxy", leaves me with channels working for only 4 to 5 minutes maximum on the BT Youview 4K PVR.

I have tried many things, including adding the PVR into a DMZ, deactivating QoS, activating some VLAN, etc... but with no success.

I am using the latest firmware on both the XR500 and the BT Youview 4K PVR. Also, BT line is fine as other 3rd party router (Billion 7800N) and original BT Home Hub 3.0 are perfectly fine at multicasting the BT channels to the PVR for hours without interruption.

Are you guys able to help me on this?

I was hoping to raise a support ticket with the Netgear support team but it seems, quite oddly, that I am not allowed and can only raise a question on this forum despite I purchased this Netgear router less than a week ago.

Thanks a lot,

Kortex

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

This is out of my expertise unfortunately. Did you register your product here? https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx if not then you won't get access to that premium support. Register your router then I'd recommend you give their 24/7 support line a call.
Message 2 of 9
kortex49
Aspirant

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes I registered the XR500 during its first installation. However, I can't find a way to get in touch to live or phone support via "MyNETGEAR".

I'm now considering returning this equipment, given it doesn't allow a basic functionality (watch BT TV) nor provide me, in an non-convolutive way, the possibility to contact the support of the manufacturer.

For reference, in attachement, the screenshot that shows that despite I've got complimentary paid tehcnical support until 08/09/18, I'm not allowed to contact them directly but only post on the community forum and search the knowledge base. Not the best experience 🙂

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Where did you purchase from? If you've only just bought it new then support shouldn't have expired. Did you get it second hand?

Can you help get kortex in touch with support?
@DarrenM
@Blanca_O
@ChristineT
Message 4 of 9
kortex49
Aspirant

Bought brand new from Amazon.co.uk last Wednesday.

Honestly, I had a look on many technical forums, it doesn't appear to have anybody with an XR500 who reported the fault that found a fix. In example, on this very much forum the gentleman decided to return his XR500 after having exhausted all technical possibilities.

Thanks,

Kortex

Message 5 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It should be resolvable, hopefully one of the moderators will jump in soon to get you in contact with support.
Message 6 of 9
kortex49
Aspirant

Hi Fraser,

Again, thank for your constructive feedback.

For the reasons I mentioned earlier: router not able to support basic service in the UK (watch BT TV) and the fact I can't get support, even on a time limited basis, I've returned the XR500 back to Amazon.

Thanks,

Kortex

Message 7 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry to hear that Kortex, hope you consider the router again in future!
Message 8 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Kortex

If you are still willing to work with us I am able to get you in contact with support is so PM me and I can get your details.

DarrenM

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7