× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk XR500 Netgear support SUCKS

DenDog48
Aspirant

Nighthawk XR500 Netgear support SUCKS

I have called support 5 times and have received 6 different case #'s, have spent about 2 1/2- 3 hrs on hold and have yet to speak to a tech. that knows anything about the Nighthawk XR500 Pro Gaming Router. Netgear Support is a Fk1n9 joke!!! 

I'm trying to get help with best settings for playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare and most importantly, since hooking this router up, my headset no longer works on Private Chat on PS4. Still works perfectly in game, but will not work if I join private/party chat.

Since Support obviously is not going to help me, hopefully someone on here can.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Nighthawk XR500 Netgear support SUCKS

I'd first recommend going through our optimal settings guides to get you setup http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646 then there is also the Call of Duty profile available on the Geo-Filter to use our recommended settings for the game on that feature. For private chat have you added your friends to the Geo-Filter? If not you will need to do that (instructions are at the bottom of the Geo-Filter optimal settings guide). If you have do you see anything blocked on the map when trying to join? If so you'll need to allow that, then please let us know the ID of the server and we can add it to our allow list.
Message 2 of 4
DenDog48
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply!

From what I can tell, adding friends to the Allow list can't be done on the phone app...?? I don't own a laptop and my desktop is upstairs, PS4 downstairs. What's gonna be the easiest way for me to accomplish this task? I'm not seeing a way to do it when not in the game/chat.

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You can do it on a phone but it will be quite finnicky, perhaps a tablet would be easier if you have that but it seems like your only option to do that. Otherwise leave it on Spectating Mode and wait for us to do a cloud update if it is too hard to do.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7