× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk XR500 Router not connecting to my Xbox's

ericmartinez23
Aspirant

Nighthawk XR500 Router not connecting to my Xbox's

Hi not really that tech savy live a 5 year old really need to be watched. i just bought the XR500 nighthawk for my kids to game and leave my firstike to me and wifey. but i can't get their Xboxes to connect to the 5G portion of the router that is the whole reason for buying this router. can some one please help me with this so i can help my kids thank you..

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What channels are you using on the router? Try manual channels.

Disable Smart Connect and test.

Try setting WPA2 and AES only. 

Enable Beamforming. Disable MIMO.

@ericmartinez23 wrote:

Hi not really that tech savy live a 5 year old really need to be watched. i just bought the XR500 nighthawk for my kids to game and leave my firstike to me and wifey. but i can't get their Xboxes to connect to the 5G portion of the router that is the whole reason for buying this router. can some one please help me with this so i can help my kids thank you..

Message 2 of 5
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

If you have smart connect enabled (found in Settings >Wireless setup) it’s likely they’ve automatically connected to the 5G.

But if you’d prefer to know for sure, then disable Smart Connect and then connect each Xbox to the 5G channel.
Message 3 of 5
ericmartinez23
Aspirant

I did that but it still will not let he XBoxes connect and i also have a wireless garage door opener and it will not connect and i only have 2 bars of sevice on my phone even right next to the router and modem 

Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What happens when you try to connect? Do you see the 5GHz network in the WiFi list?
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7