× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk XR500 USB Control Center not recognizing my printer AGAIN

t0ny
Apprentice

Nighthawk XR500 USB Control Center not recognizing my printer AGAIN

Hey guys, this issue came back few days again. Same issue, the printer is not seen in the USB Control center. The light on the router blinks white. If I connect a Flash drive it doesn't blink, it stays lit though. Anyone else experiencing this? 

I tried the usual , reinstalling firmware and the control center but to no avail.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Would you be able to roll back the Windows PC to previous updates and see if it works then?

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Has the firmware updated since it stopped working? E.g. was it working on a particular version so you were on that and then auto update updated it to the latest version?
Message 2 of 6
t0ny
Apprentice

The firmware was V2.3.2.40 and still is after I resetted it. I don't think there is a new version yet, is there?

I am on Win10 x64 and maybe some of their stupid updates has caused this issue. Even now I can't even update this 2019-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4507435) for weeks.

I don't know really, but the printer issue was fixed with the latest firmware version and after a while it happened again but it resolved itself. Now it's happening again... I don't know. Robot Sad

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Would you be able to roll back the Windows PC to previous updates and see if it works then?
Message 4 of 6
t0ny
Apprentice

I played around with some of the last updates and although it gave me error they couldn't be uninstalled, today the USB Control Center sees the printer and I can print again. Robot Happy 

Thank you for your help.

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Glad to hear it's working again, keep us updated.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7