× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk XR500 continues to randomly drop connections

Mikemike2177
Aspirant

Nighthawk XR500 continues to randomly drop connections

So i have been searching and having this issue for days now both my wired and WiFi devices will randomly lose their connection to the XR500 i have already tested to make sure the problem is isolated to the XR500 which is discouraging to see many people with same issue on a high end router with a high price tag.... the issue happens at any workload level weather it be a single device in use or 10 my ISP provides speeds of 400 dn / 20 up please help me resolve this issue as i will be returning to a work from hone setup and this will directly affect that... thank you!
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: Nighthawk XR500 continues to randomly drop connections

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

Do these drops occur in any kind of pattern? At a particular time perhaps?

Are you able to access the XRs interface when this happens?

If not, do you need to manually reboot the XR or will it come back up on its own?

Message 2 of 6
plemans
Guru

What firmware are you on? 

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

Message 3 of 6
Mikemike2177
Aspirant

So it happens all day and it’s more of a hiccup but enough to knocks my devices off line and then connect back up almost instantly but it def interrupts all activity connected to a spectrum provided modem
Message 4 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Go to Settings > Monitoring > Connection Status - what does DHCP obtained/expires say?
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

What spectrum modem is it? 

What firmware is on the router? 

If its happening several times a day, have you tried directly connecting a device to the modem and using it for a period of time to ensure it isn't a modem/line issue? 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7