× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk XR500 - keeps changing the PPPOE password

bo3na
Follower

Nighthawk XR500 - keeps changing the PPPOE password

Hi,

am having a problem with this router. For a long time i have faced numerous internet disconnections, that i had to restart the router couple of times and wait for hours to suddenly work and it happens about every 2 days. After contacting my service provider he asked what brand my router was i said Netgear. he said that couple of people with same issue with netgear , he said some kind of bug that causes the router to randomly change or forget the PPPOE internet provider password. i didnt believe it at first , but when i got disconnected i tried to retype the password, and it immediatley went online and that fixed it every time !! now i dont want to loose the internet suddenly and retype it every two days any fix ?? i have latest software for the router. too bad for a very expensive router 😞

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Re: Nighthawk XR500 - keeps changing the PPPOE password

This definitely shouldn't be happening. Have you tried installing this hotfix firmware for dropouts? It might help you out.

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/28523-new-xr500-hotfix-firmware-for-drop-outs/

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk XR500 - keeps changing the PPPOE password

Be sure to factory reset the XR router after loading FW and setup from scratch. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7