× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk XR500 numerous issues (IP reservations and networking)

Reavo81
Aspirant

Nighthawk XR500 numerous issues (IP reservations and networking)

I'm hoping someone can help with what is probably the most frustrating router i've ever owned (and expensive). 

Although the Duma operating system looks pretty it is absolutely awful.

I have been experiencing a number of issues with networked devices so have taken the decision to reserve the IP addresses for each of our home products.

I have done this in the settings and named each connection appropriately but the IP addresses will not actually update on the devices. I have applied the settings, rebooted the router, powered the router off/on, powered the devices off/on, reset the network settings on device but yet the products still get assigned another ip address.

I have never had this issue with any other router.

Also, while i am on the subject the Nighthawk app is also quite poor and does not funtion with the router as it should.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk XR500 numerous issues (IP reservations and networking)

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

After you select ADD, be sure to select APPLY after add the IP address reservations. After you select apply, I would reboot the XR router and power cycle off your deices for 30 seconds, then back ON. IP addresses should be what you set for the reservation. 

I've not had this issue with my XR450 router. 

Please post about this in the Nighthawk app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/bd-p/en-home-networking-apps
Good Luck.

@Reavo81 wrote:

I'm hoping someone can help with what is probably the most frustrating router i've ever owned (and expensive). 

Although the Duma operating system looks pretty it is absolutely awful.

I have been experiencing a number of issues with networked devices so have taken the decision to reserve the IP addresses for each of our home products.

I have done this in the settings and named each connection appropriately but the IP addresses will not actually update on the devices. I have applied the settings, rebooted the router, powered the router off/on, powered the devices off/on, reset the network settings on device but yet the products still get assigned another ip address.

I have never had this issue with any other router.

Also, while i am on the subject the Nighthawk app is also quite poor and does not funtion with the router as it should.

Thanks.

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Nighthawk XR500 numerous issues (IP reservations and networking)

That definitely shouldn't happen, did you definitely apply the changes as above?
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7