× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk XR700

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Nighthawk XR700

Telnet cannot be enabled on the router currently. Tim would be looking at the logs as it isn't a DumaOS feature. He may not reply/see if for awhile as he is very busy. I would class it as faulty and as such I wouldn't recommend holding out hope that this can be fixed in a quick fashion. If it is hardware then the XR700 is no longer being manufactured either so no opportunity to fix it there.
Message 26 of 32
tngtx
Tutor

I'll re-phrase my question - is there any way I can toggle antenna commands or 2.4/5 ghz command to enable, reset or activate via a command line else than the admin interface?
We will definately know when Tim has a chance to look at the logs as he will have to request access from my Onedrive as I didn't have his email address.  
The fact that you class it as a faulty equivalates to me putting this high end XR700 in the trash and going to buy another router.  The fact that Netgear technical team wouldn't recommend holding out hope that can be in a quick fashion.  Can you make a case to upper management swap with existing or newer model.  I understand it is no longer being manufacturered but Netgear came 24 hours away from sending me a new XR700.
Netgear is not standing up to the ''Out of Warranty'' Products by giving excuses on ownership which is just plain BS.  Thanks guys for all your help,  it's hopeless case and tons of invested time with no outcomes.  I would of expected this from a mom and pop shop... but it doesn't show the seriousness towards their loyal customers.  Patrick
Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 27 of 32
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You can check routerlogin.net/debug.htm to see whether telnet is still enabled on your version and then you may be able to do so but otherwise no. I'm not part of the Netgear team I am with Netduma but I have seen them class the XR700 as faulty for others who have experienced this. They may still be able to replace it but I'm not familar with their entire process.
Message 28 of 32
tngtx
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk XR700 RESOLVED

Thank you to the NetDumaOS team who supported me along the way.  Probably needed 29 email threads to find final resolution.   Without the help of Netgear business unit - persistence and trying to crack the code of why 2.4/5 ghz stopped broadcasting.   Nothing but a powercycle shut this down for days if not weeks.

routerlogin.net/debug.htm is probably where i hit something (if not all the options to fix it)

There was another debug adphost that I enabled (might have the name wrong) with a reboot and magically the DumaOS screen appeared which days over days and weeks it was saying 

DumaOS not loaded yet 

Don't worry we will redirect you shortly.  (well that took weeks) to finally pop back up to the Red Screen versus the Grey Admin screen.

I will post on the 30th post reply the leds enable and successfully writting this message on my NetGear Nighthawk XR700.

I can't prevent and hopefully don't expect this issue to come back but having declared this router dead with hardware issue (Engineers here have to hope a little more).   As to Netgear business - you failed your loyal customer by leading with your post warranty policies... now you have me looking at alternatives moving forward.  Thank you all.  Patrick

Message 29 of 32
tngtx
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk XR700 RESOLVED-Case closed.

To the unfortunate believers of hardware diagnostic...   here is the living revival of my XR700 now broadcasting 2.4/5 ghz SSID.

Perhaps I should offered technical assistance personally to all the ones that lost hope with a dead router while there is hope.

Thank you!  Patrick

Message 30 of 32
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Nighthawk XR700 RESOLVED-Case closed.

That's great to hear! Thanks for the update, what was the specific option you changed?
Message 31 of 32
Alcaus
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk XR700 RESOLVED

Hello Patrick,

I'm having the same issue you have had in this thread. Can you tell me what you did to get the 2.4 & 5 bands to work properly?

At this point I'm at a complete loss after performing most, if not all, the recommended troubleshooting and fixes on this router.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Somehow I stumbled on a thread with my exact problem and an apparent solutions.

Thanks

Message 32 of 32
Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7