× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk has stopped Broadcasting Wifi

Thorlake
Tutor

Nighthawk has stopped Broadcasting Wifi

Hi,

Installed the XR500 and it initially worked flawlessly...for a couple of days. First the 5GHz Wifi network disappeared but the 2,4GHz stayed up. But now both have gone. It is also only the 2,4GHz white light on the XR500 that is lit (First three LED:s all white) and yes, the button lights ontop of the box also white. I have done a soft reset, a factory reset and restarted the modem.
The the OS on the router says everything is fine and broadcasting. But I cannot see the WiFi network on any of my devices. (Iphone, Laptop, TV etc)

IT works LAN connected though. AND I have the latest Firmware.

I cannot find anyone else with the same problem on Google or on this forum.
What should I do???
Thanks!

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you enabled the option to hide SSID broadcast?
Message 2 of 7
Thorlake
Tutor

Yes, I even disabled it, did an "Apply" and then Enabled it again too see if it did anything. But nope.

Message 3 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Double check thats still disabled after your last test, then disable beamforming and mumimo and see if you can see it
Message 4 of 7
Thorlake
Tutor

Sorry to say, that did not help either. (I restarted the router also.)

Noticed also that the white LED for the 2,4GHz is also flashing steadily like once every second. (5GHz LED still black).

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 5 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'd recommend giving Netgears 24/7 support line a call, they're likely able to resolve this quickly.

Possibly you have smart connect enabled and devices don't support this. If so disable, can you see them now?
Message 6 of 7
Thorlake
Tutor

Yes, the support seems to be the way to go. 😕

Have run with both smart connect on and off, and I have played with channel settings as well but nothing. I am starting to suspect hardware issues.

Big thanks for the help though!

Cheers!

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7