× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk iOS app wont’ work with Orbi AP

jblack68
Apprentice

Nighthawk iOS app wont’ work with Orbi AP

Hi all,

I recently added Orbi Access Points to my XR500 network and now when I try and use my nighthawk app. Keeps saying Router Not Supported - seems it must be trying the Orbi not my XR500.

Any idea how I can fix this. Thought there would have been an IP option on the app so i could select my router.
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Nighthawk iOS app wont’ work with Orbi AP

Message 2 of 8
jblack68
Apprentice

Had a look at that but don’t think it will resolve this issue. I think it’s because there’s 2 Netgear products on my network and the app is confused.
Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you disabled the XR500 wifi? If you connect to the XR500 directly using the app does it work then?
Message 4 of 8
jblack68
Apprentice

Yeah i disabled the wifi - i tried reabling the WiFi and connecting directly to the router and yeah the app will work but the Orbi app than fails haha.

Surely there must be a way to get the app working as I can connect to the router using the IP while connected through the Orbi System

Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Id call Netgears phone line as they would be better equipped to resolve this issue
Message 6 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You would want to be connected to the XR500 when using the Nighthawk app and then connected to the orbi wifi when trying to use the orbi app. Since the orbi is in AP mode not much you would really be able to do on the orbi app since it is just handling wifi and the Xr500 is doing all the routing.

DarrenM

Message 7 of 8
jblack68
Apprentice

Hi,

But i would have to disable my Orbi and turn on my router wifi to get that to work... it should be possible to point the I.P of the router on the actual app since i can access the Router GUI from my phone while connected to the Orbi AP. seems a oversight when having 2 netgear products on the same network.

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7