× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk x10 R9000

Recons
Initiate

Nighthawk x10 R9000

I recently upgraded the Router Firmware Version
V1.0.5.8 and both my WiFi 2.4 and 5ghz have gone away, I'm not sure what happened, my LAN works but my WiFi went away, I can't connect my smart tv or my phones, the SSID also went away, not sure what happened, is there a fix for it?

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk x10 R9000

A couple things you can try (and the order)

1. push the wifi on/off button for 2 seconds. see if it turns on.

2. log into the router and check to see if the enable ssid broadcast is on/off. 

3. Try a factory reset. Sometimes firmware can change enough a factory reset is needed. Push and hold reset while powered on for 7-15 seconds. The lights will flash when held long enough. Then redo the setup. 

4. Try re-installing the firmware. Maybe it loaded improperly and/or was corrupt. A factory reset only removes settings, it doesn't reload firmware.

5. Downgrade the firmware to a version older. Maybe its got a bug that impacts your device. 

Anytime you change firmware, its good to do over a hardwired connection. And if there's issues, a factory reset can fix most of them. 

Let me know how it goes!

Message 2 of 6
Dotnix
Aspirant

Exactly the same problem i've run into.

Router out of the box, connected first time, went throught the setup, updated firmware, 2.4/5ghz went offline cant bring them back, no SSid. 

Works thrugh the cable. 

netgear support have been extremly unhelpful and if you have a solution that helped will be very appriciated. 

Message 3 of 6
Recons
Initiate

I actually found a solution, I reset mine to factory default and then I downgraded to another firmware and everything came back up, then I decided to let the firmware update and the SSID still shows up.
Message 4 of 6
Dotnix
Aspirant

And how did you connected to the router without WiFi? Cause with cable when I go to routerlogin I am asked to download that **bleep**ty mobile app 😕
Am I missing something there?
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this here for your model router:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk
You might try Voxels 3rd party FW as well. 
Good Luck.

@Recons wrote:

I recently upgraded the Router Firmware Version
V1.0.5.8 and both my WiFi 2.4 and 5ghz have gone away, I'm not sure what happened, my LAN works but my WiFi went away, I can't connect my smart tv or my phones, the SSID also went away, not sure what happened, is there a fix for it?

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7