× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk xr500 connectivity issues

Daltonb23
Tutor

Nighthawk xr500 connectivity issues

I recently bought an xr500 router and for starters it worked good internet was fine now it’s very slow and causes problems to the point where it’s hard to play my PS4 if someone could help me get to a solution that would be great
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Nighthawk xr500 connectivity issues

Could you explain a bit more about the issue please? What speeds do you pay for? What speeds are you getting currently? Are you using a wired or wireless device to test? Are you using QoS? What is your physical setup e.g. modem > XR > all devices
Message 2 of 7
Daltonb23
Tutor

I am paying for the max for my isp which is 60 but I only seem to be getting 30 mbs download and 2 mbs upload speed and yes I am using Ethernet to test and I never use wireless for gaming, and I am using Qos but it only seems to help ever so slightly
Message 3 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you input your expected speeds in Anti-Bufferbloats 3 line option menu? Are you using 'Always' and have lowered the percentages? If so then it is normal behaviour for the speed to be throttled. If you provide a screenshot I can let you know if it is working properly.
Message 4 of 7
Daltonb23
Tutor

I’ve tried messing with the bufferbloat but I never seemed to understand it well
Message 5 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That explains why it was throttled then as you've not entered the speeds you pay for. I'd recommend you go through our optimal settings guide, it will help you get setup and to understand how the router works.

http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646
Message 6 of 7
Daltonb23
Tutor

Thanks I’ll try to see if that works
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements