× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk xr500 cutting out

Martin466
Aspirant

Nighthawk xr500 cutting out

Hi everyone. So, long story short my router was doing a great job until recently. It now randomly just cuts out and I constantly disconnect from games or have huge lag spikes. I have disconnected it and my modem works fine so it’s not that. So it must be the router, idk if someone has hacked it or what. (Not good with technology haha) when I reset the router it works well, but then it will randomly disconnect again. I don’t know what to do.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk xr500 cutting out

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

@Martin466 wrote:
Hi everyone. So, long story short my router was doing a great job until recently. It now randomly just cuts out and I constantly disconnect from games or have huge lag spikes. I have disconnected it and my modem works fine so it’s not that. So it must be the router, idk if someone has hacked it or what. (Not good with technology haha) when I reset the router it works well, but then it will randomly disconnect again. I don’t know what to do.

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Nighthawk xr500 cutting out

Does it happen to all devices or just the gaming device? Does it occur across all games or one in particular? If you disable the Geo-Filter while playing does it still occur?
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7