× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk xr500

ETSxbl
Aspirant

Nighthawk xr500

Hello, i recently got the nighthawk xr500 when i connected it i got 20 ping now I’ve been using it for a couple days and now my ping is sitting on 50-60 is there a way to lower this
Message 1 of 11
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Where are you pinging? Is this your ping to a website or your ping in a game? There are lots of variables outside of your router that could cause a higher ping, including the game putting you on a different server.

However the Geo-Filter could help you to get games with a better ping, here's a guide on how to use it: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-...

It might be helpful to read about how to use Ping Assist as well: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000087579--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-pin...

Message 2 of 11
ETSxbl
Aspirant

It’s my ping it’s now a 60-70 and i have the best wifi where i live but it’s still high. I pinged the server near me
Message 3 of 11
ETSxbl
Aspirant

It is my ingame ping
Message 4 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What game are you playing? So you're going off the ping it shows in game and not the Geo-Filter ping? Are you using the Geo-Filter or QoS? I would recommend you go through the optimal settings guide to make sure you're set up properly: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646
Message 5 of 11
ETSxbl
Aspirant

The game I’m playing is fortnite and i use both QoS and Geo Filter
Message 6 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Where are you located and what server are you getting?
Message 7 of 11
ETSxbl
Aspirant

I’m located in Canada playing on West servers
Message 8 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

West Coast US servers? Where abouts in Canada? How close is that to the servers? This could be dependent on the routing to the servers from your location or how busy the servers are etc. If you're using the Geo-Filter & QoS properly as shown by the guides then the router won't be the cause.
Message 9 of 11
ETSxbl
Aspirant

North America West Servers and In Canada ( Alberta) i search where the servers were and i saw it right were i was. (Also don’t know how to pull up to show servers on the nightgear page)
Message 10 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay good, they're likely the closest servers to you. Have you read the guide on how to use the Geo-Filter? That should show you how to see the servers. Basically add your console to the Geo-Filter if you haven't already, put your home location where you live and expand the radius to cover the servers you want. Then when you're in the game it should show you on the Geo-Filter Map where the server is.
Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7