× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk xr700

Dysfunctioned_L
Follower

Nighthawk xr700

Hello,

I have bought the Nighthawk XR700 pro gaming router yesterday and tried to set it up earlier today, it seems that everything ok in regards of the setup with the DumaOS software ( haven't done any update to it's firmware yet because it's not connecting)  but it's not connecting to the internet, it keeps telling me that there is no ethernet cable connected to the internet port while there is, I have done a loop test on my LAN cable and it worked. Has anyone faced this problem? if so can you tell me how you solved it ? (I live in the UK and don't have a modem I just plug my LAN to a socket in the wall)

My current speed is 24mbps and I'm getting an upgrade to 1gbps next month but I don't think that's the problem.

Thank you in advance!

Model: XR700| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Re: Nighthawk xr700

That's odd. How are you connecting the XR700 exactly? It should just be an ethernet cable from your modem (the one your ISP gives you) into your XR700's Internet port.

Contact NETGEAR official support if you're not able to fix it https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Message 2 of 5
Altsai
NETGEAR Expert

but it's not connecting to the internet, it keeps telling me that there is no ethernet cable connected to the internet port while there is, I have done a loop test on my LAN cable and it worked.

>>>>> does your ISP require any special settings? e.g., VLAN or DHCP option 61 or?  

Has anyone faced this problem? if so can you tell me how you solved it ? (I live in the UK and don't have a modem I just plug my LAN to a socket in the wall)

Model: XR700| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 5
Furix
Aspirant

This answer might be late...

I had the same issue as you describe. I had to call my ISP and have them «activate» their connection to my new XR700 - after this it works like a charm. It turned out my ISP had locked the connection to my previous router, so they had to clear that one out and reenable the connection to my new XR700.

Cheers!
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.

@Furix wrote:
This answer might be late...

I had the same issue as you describe. I had to call my ISP and have them «activate» their connection to my new XR700 - after this it works like a charm. It turned out my ISP had locked the connection to my previous router, so they had to clear that one out and reenable the connection to my new XR700.

Cheers!

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7