× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthwak XR450

beatlebob
Aspirant

Nighthwak XR450

I just installed the xr450 to my existing router and made it AP mode.  It is still showing as a separate router and I can't do any updates to the router.  The set up in settings in blacked out.  It is frustrating

Message 1 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

AP basically disables all the features and routing functions, is that what you wanted to do? That's why the settings are greyed out. You need to put it back into router mode if you want to use the features and update it.
Message 2 of 7
beatlebob
Aspirant

Thanks. I want to make it a bridge on my existing router
Message 3 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you want to do that then access the other router and enable bridge mode to the XR.
Message 4 of 7
beatlebob
Aspirant

Thanks. I will have to figure that out

Message 5 of 7
beatlebob
Aspirant

I am now getting a flashing orange light on the router.  I looked on line and shut it down for over thirty minutes and still no good.  Is there any way to put back to factory settings without logging into it since I can't log in?

Message 6 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'm not sure what router you've enabled bridge mode on but it should have a reset button you can hold down in the back of it to do so.
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7