× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No Internet after router reboot

Bulldaw6
Guide

No Internet after router reboot

I rebooted my router and had no internet acess upon reboot. Contacted ISP and they could see the mac address was conntected but it turns out it was my desktop. So during the reboot, the router allowed the modem to pull the mac from my PC vs the Netgear. I asked tech why? He told me to contact netgear because hes never heard of this happening. The reason i rebooted is because i keep getting connection timed out on a steam game, one of the suggestions from steam is reboot router. So not only did i have no internet, i still cant play. Help plz

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

In Internet Setup did you change the MAC address to use this computer MAC address? Go through the Setup Wizard on the XR to try and re-establish the connection.
Message 2 of 4
Silencious
Aspirant

On reboot of router makes wifi is unvailable. I have to resort to reboot my ISP provided router to reconnect. Firmware version:1.01.20 Can you assist?

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Has your initial issue been fixed? Upgrade to this firmware, then perform a factory reset and see if your issues are resolved: https://kb.netgear.com/000061714/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-24-Hot-Fix
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7