× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No hace ping el Geofiltro cuando entro a Fortnite

No hace ping el Geofiltro cuando entro a Fortnite

Buenas tardes comunidad netgear, he adquirido ya hace tiempo un Net Gear XR500 y con mi conexión de fibra hacía ping perfecto, luego vino una mudanza y ahora dispongo de conexión radio 4G. He reseteado de fábrica el router y lo he puenteado con el que me ofrecía la compañia de internet. El problema es que ahora en la sección de Geofiltro no me hace ping a ningún servidor de Fortnite ni Call Of duty ni nada... tengo la última versión de firmware instalada ¿Alguna idea de cómo puedo solucionarlo? Gracias de antemano
Message 1 of 14

Accepted Solutions
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Follow these steps please: 

1. Go to the Device Manager.

2. Click on your Gaming PC.

3. In the new panel that opens, change the device type to a PlayStation.

4. Go to the Geo-Filter.

5. Delete your PC from the top Geo-Filter panel if you have added it previously.

6. Now add your PC. It should automatically be added with the 'console' service.

7. Decide if you want to use Filtering Mode or Spectating Mode (see our Geo-Filter guide if unsure)

Your Geo-Filter will now show your PC game(s) server when you next play. To setup your Geo-Filter optimally, please see this guide

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 14

All Replies
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

You need to add your device to the Geo-Filter again. See this guide please: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-g...

Message 2 of 14

Thanks for your reply, i´ve read the guide and followed the steps but i cant see the icons of servers or players and ping is not show either... im afraid its a problem with the last firmware

Message 3 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You will only see the server once you load in to the game (make sure you've got the map zoomed out all the way), you won't see players. Have Auto Ping enabled in the Geo-Filter Map options.
Message 4 of 14

Yeah, I know it's only showing in game. But doesn't work for me anymore... I don't know what's happening with this feature but I lost it
Message 5 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you take a full screenshot of the Geo-Filter page please when you're in a game, even if there's nothing on the map
Message 6 of 14

Sure, here are the images (in game mode) i am trying with fortnite but with apex and CoD its the same. I also tried with filtering mode but nothing works... Is it possible it happens due to my poor connection? But in my mind i think that doesn´t matters...

https://imgur.com/ymhRFPV

https://imgur.com/FXmMael

Message 7 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Please delete your device from the Geo-Filter and change your PC to a console in the device manager. Re-add it to the Geo-Filter, does it work then?
Message 8 of 14

I haven´t a console 😞 im a pc player only. I tried deleting the device and adding again and again but no response either

Message 9 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That doesn't matter just change the PC to the device type of a Playstation or Xbox in the device manager and then re-add to the Geo-Filter, does it work then?
Message 10 of 14

How can i do that? If i delete the device, add it again i only see "Pc de more" and other devices i have like lights and TV. When i select "Pc de more" next step is select Unreal Engine, can´t see any option to select a console.

Message 11 of 14
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Follow these steps please: 

1. Go to the Device Manager.

2. Click on your Gaming PC.

3. In the new panel that opens, change the device type to a PlayStation.

4. Go to the Geo-Filter.

5. Delete your PC from the top Geo-Filter panel if you have added it previously.

6. Now add your PC. It should automatically be added with the 'console' service.

7. Decide if you want to use Filtering Mode or Spectating Mode (see our Geo-Filter guide if unsure)

Your Geo-Filter will now show your PC game(s) server when you next play. To setup your Geo-Filter optimally, please see this guide

Message 12 of 14

It worked, as a xBox config, dont understand very well why but works. Thanks both to you guys

Message 13 of 14
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Great to hear it's working! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 14
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7