× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nord Static VPN and XR500 routing to internal servers.

ItsMeDan
Guide

Nord Static VPN and XR500 routing to internal servers.

Hiyas, 

For my own curiosity and playing around with Windows servers to save me changing iP address when the ISP updates I purchased a static IP via NordVPN as well as being able to send mail and receive mail as it shouldn't be an IP listed in any spam filters.

I setup the appropriate ports on the XR500 to forward to the internal addresses. But can't seem to get it working.

When using Hybrid VPN should inbound connections be able to get routed to the local servers given it is the router connecting HybridVPN over TCP?

Thanks again.

Dan

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Nord Static VPN and XR500 routing to internal servers.

Yes it should as with Hybrid VPN you're applying it to a specific device and not the entire router. The port forwarding shouldn't be necessary if you're using UPnP so maybe remove these as if you've got them wrong it could be creating the issue.
Message 2 of 4
ItsMeDan
Guide

Thanks @Netduma-Fraser 

I couldn't get it work, I ended up contacting the VPN provider and they advised that all the ports I want to use are blocked for security issues. I think the only one I could find open was 443.

Thanks for your reply.

Dan

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Oh that is unfortunate, may be worth looking at another VPN provider who doesn't block as many ports.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7