× NETGEAR would like to hear from you about specific features so we can improve your experience. To participate in this survey please click HERE.

Nothing but problems with Nighthawk

Xedous
Aspirant

Nothing but problems with Nighthawk

Ever since I purchased the Nighthawk I've had issues.  Every so often the router will decide that one of my devices does not need internet that day.  I check my Nighthawk app, no errors or messages of any kind, lights on the front look fine, power cycle sometimes works.  Give it a day or so and all of a sudden the internet on that device is back.  So far this is wireless only, wired devices seem to stay connected.  This has happened with iphone, ipad and 2 different laptops using wireless.  I've done all updates that show on app.  Firmware - V1.0.2.66_2.0.42

Anyone have any ideas or do I just trash this junk?

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Nothing but problems with Nighthawk

What actual router is it? a model helps

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

Current setup: CM2000-> RBKE963B-> Trendnet TEG-S380-> GS716T-> pi-hole
also in AP setup: RAXE500->EAX80
1.4gig download/50mbps upload from Xfinity
We’re members of the public helping out on our own time.
Message 2 of 4
Xedous
Aspirant

RAX45, which now that I'm looking aorund the site a bit see that this forum my not be the place for my type of router.  Router is hooked to a fiber modem from my provider, not sure what kind since it's in a locked box on the side of my house.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

this would be the AX forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

might lookup as well to see what fibre modem it is. Some have their own integrated routers.
Current setup: CM2000-> RBKE963B-> Trendnet TEG-S380-> GS716T-> pi-hole
also in AP setup: RAXE500->EAX80
1.4gig download/50mbps upload from Xfinity
We’re members of the public helping out on our own time.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E