× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nothing but problems with Nighthawk

Xedous
Aspirant

Nothing but problems with Nighthawk

Ever since I purchased the Nighthawk I've had issues.  Every so often the router will decide that one of my devices does not need internet that day.  I check my Nighthawk app, no errors or messages of any kind, lights on the front look fine, power cycle sometimes works.  Give it a day or so and all of a sudden the internet on that device is back.  So far this is wireless only, wired devices seem to stay connected.  This has happened with iphone, ipad and 2 different laptops using wireless.  I've done all updates that show on app.  Firmware - V1.0.2.66_2.0.42

Anyone have any ideas or do I just trash this junk?

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

What actual router is it? a model helps

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

Message 2 of 4
Xedous
Aspirant

RAX45, which now that I'm looking aorund the site a bit see that this forum my not be the place for my type of router.  Router is hooked to a fiber modem from my provider, not sure what kind since it's in a locked box on the side of my house.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

this would be the AX forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

might lookup as well to see what fibre modem it is. Some have their own integrated routers.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7