× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: OoS keeps crashing!

ghorman
Aspirant

I purchaed mine on Ordered on April 9, 2019.

Message 26 of 66
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Unplug the router from the modem and reboot it, connect to it locally and access the interface, does it still occur when it is isolated?
Message 27 of 66
ghorman
Aspirant

So your solution is to unplug internet from my whole house for an intermittent issue?

The whole job of QoS is to manage internet traffic. If I remove that traffic is QoS even used?
Message 28 of 66
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Just a suggestion if it was possible. It wouldn't be that's why I wanted to see if it would still crash without the traffic. Disable QoS fully in Anti-Bufferbloats menu to bypass it and see if it still crashes then. Devices can still use the internet then but we might be able to narrow it down.
Message 29 of 66
Rick6922
Luminary

I know what QoS is,  I've had this router sence the day it released!  I bought this router for  gaming.  I no when QoS crashes with out looking at the QoS page in DumaOS. the game I play on xbox1x [bf5] has a network graph you can have on screen while your playing the game and the numbers start flashing red when Qos crashes and the hit detection is dog **bleep**.  so I reboot the router, it takes less than 2 mins. and anyone watching YT or netflix dont no I'm doing it, now my wifes a doctor so if shes doing something important I wait, just in case. the games unplayable when it crashes so theres 1 option, quit playing till the router is rebooted !

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 30 of 66
Rick6922
Luminary

I'll try disabling Qos today and let you know.

Message 31 of 66
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I wasn't questioning your knowledge of QoS, keep us posted.
Message 32 of 66
Rick6922
Luminary

I wasn't talking to you. lol   I turned QoS off and it still crashes.

Message 33 of 66
FURRYe38
Guru

I would get your unit RMAd. Sounds like a bad unit. 

Message 34 of 66
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Oh right, so the problem isn't with QoS but is just a problem with the connection in general? That's helpful because now maybe we can narrow down exactly what's causing the issue.

Message 35 of 66
ghorman
Aspirant

@Netduma_Alex wrote:

Oh right, so the problem isn't with QoS but is just a problem with the connection in general? That's helpful because now maybe we can narrow down exactly what's causing the issue.

Excuse me but how are you getting to a problem with the connection in general?  We are not losing ISP connection; the QoS module is crapping out and throwing an error resetting the whole QoS settings.  And how come you guys can't look up the error code or talk with the dev team?

I did another factory reset yesterday because Hybrid VPN wasn't working after the first reset you guys asked me to do.  Just got this QoS error again:

RPC error 'ERROR_UNKNOWN': bad argument #1 to 'gmatch' (string expected, got nil) -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> [C]: in function 'gmatch' ?: in function 'split' ?: in function <?:137> (tail call): ? ?: in function <?:324> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:290> [C]: in function 'run' ?: in function <?:345> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:261> (tail call): ? /dumaos/api/cli.lua:48: in function </dumaos/api/cli.lua:30> [C]: in function 'xpcall' /dumaos/api/cli.lua:59: in main chunk [C]: ?

OK

Message 36 of 66
FURRYe38
Guru

I would get your unit RMAd. Sounds like a bad unit.

Message 37 of 66
ghorman
Aspirant

So, tech support is wanting to charge me $130 just to look at the router.  If its a hardware issue they will not charge the card.  They installed a beta firmware which they didn't even realize it was beta.  Now, I'm waiting for the error to pop up again before they will replace it.

Message 38 of 66
Rick6922
Luminary

yeah , I think thats called extortion. lol the sad thing is the new one will do the same thing

Message 39 of 66
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Let us know how the beta firmware goes. We'll get dev input on our side if that doesn't help.
Message 40 of 66
ghorman
Aspirant

Here is the link to the beta "hot fix".  Its label hot fix on the website but when you unzip the file its a beta.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/XR700.aspx#Firmware%20Version%201.0.1.18%20-%20Hot%20Fix

XR700 Firmware Version 1.0.1.18 - Hot Fix

We are about 20 hours in and no error yet.

Another thing i find real interesting is that the router is reapply the QoS about every 10 minutes from the logs.  I'm not sure if the old version was doing that.

[DumaOS] applying qos for zone lan, Saturday, September 07, 2019 13:42:04
[DumaOS] applying qos for zone wan, Saturday, September 07, 2019 13:42:02
[DumaOS] applying qos for zone lan, Saturday, September 07, 2019 13:41:10
[DumaOS] applying qos for zone wan, Saturday, September 07, 2019 13:41:08
[DumaOS] applying qos for zone lan, Saturday, September 07, 2019 13:31:57
[DumaOS] applying qos for zone wan, Saturday, September 07, 2019 13:31:55
[DumaOS] applying qos for zone lan, Saturday, September 07, 2019 13:31:14
[DumaOS] applying qos for zone wan, Saturday, September 07, 2019 13:31:12

Message 41 of 66
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Glad it is working so far. Don't worry about that, if you're not encountering an issue you can ignore the logs.
Message 42 of 66
ghorman
Aspirant

So, tech support called me back to check on the issue.  Still no error but Netgear support policies are terrible.  The guy wanted to charge me $130 for the support; but I had to explain to him that firmware is NOT software along with my settings on the router.  I explained to him that he installed a firmware that isn't signed off by his development team and its not even released to the public yet.  If you try to update the firmware from the router it wouldn't even find the version he installed.

I told him he will not charge me because beta firmwares and poorly written firmwares are outside the control of the customer.  If I find a charge on my card someone will be getting an ear full along with me blocking the charge on my credit card.

Message 43 of 66
Rick6922
Luminary

I hope it dont do it again but it probably will. it didnt work for me.[ it's the FW ]  .  if I roll back to old  FW all the lag and crashs in the dumaos apps are gone. but thats when the xr700 kept disconnecting from the internet every 15 mins. I think they added so much in the FW updates to try to get this thing to run stable its bogging down the router.if you install the older FW the 15mins. you can play before it disconnects is no comparision on the in game hit reg. on cod and bf.

Message 44 of 66
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again. It should only continue to get better stability wise.
Message 45 of 66
ghorman
Aspirant

new beta is a no go.  I'm getting a different error when trying to load modules.

Error: This R-App is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute.

Message 46 of 66
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Did you do a factory reset after the update to ensure no legacy issues carried over?
Message 47 of 66
FURRYe38
Guru

What version of FW did you roll back to? 

@Rick6922 wrote:

I hope it dont do it again but it probably will. it didnt work for me.[ it's the FW ]  .  if I roll back to old  FW all the lag and crashs in the dumaos apps are gone. but thats when the xr700 kept disconnecting from the internet every 15 mins. I think they added so much in the FW updates to try to get this thing to run stable its bogging down the router.if you install the older FW the 15mins. you can play before it disconnects is no comparision on the in game hit reg. on cod and bf.

Message 48 of 66
Rick6922
Luminary

v1.0.1.8   but my router disconnects from the internet every 15 mins. on that fw. can you add my name to try the new beta if you think it might help.

Message 49 of 66
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've sent Christian a message to add you, please keep an eye on your Private Messages.
Message 50 of 66
Discussion stats
  • 65 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7