× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Optimal WAN settings for XR500?

Munka777
Aspirant

Optimal WAN settings for XR500?

Hey, I’ve been testing some settings recently just trying to get the settings as good as possible then not touch them. I play black ops 4 and was wondering what changes I could make to the WAN settings to get the best out the router, I’ve read on some posts that disabling DOS protection can lower ping? Haven’t touched anything yet on the settings besides from placing my PS4 in DMZ everything is default. Thanks
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I would be focusing on QoS/Geo-Filter for the best connection as they are what will make the most difference.

I don't think that would do anything. You could disable SIP ALG and potentially change NAT Filtering to open all though its a security risk. Theres no option in WAN settings that will significantly improve your connection.
Message 2 of 4
Munka777
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply i have applied those settings, would you recomend mw putting my PS4 in DMZ or not? and would you recomend disabling UPnP whilst using DMZ? Thanks

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you have an open NAT then no need. If you don't then yes you could do that. Leave it enabled as other devices may need ports opened for them, if any conflicts occur you can disable UPnP.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7