× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: PC XR500 Geo-filter not working

Soulgix
Guide

PC XR500 Geo-filter not working

Hi, I just bought a XR500 router. I connected it yesterday to the modem, and it basically installed itself. The only problem I got during the installation was a failed speedtest, but I acepted the suggested speeds and moved on. I got internet/wi-fi working in a matter of minutes by just chosing Next, Next, Next during the installation.

I then started 2 games, World of Warcraft and Fallout 76, and I noticed no changes on the Geo-Filter map, Auto-Ping tab, and Traffic Prioritization Information.

I have Anti-Bufferbloat set at 70% both lines and "When High Priority Traffic Detected" option checked.

I checked the forums and found a way to fix at least half of this by manually adding in the Traffic Prioritization tab, under "DumaOS Classified Games", the ports needed by these 2 games. I haven't had time to test both (alexa wi-fi got me stuck quite a while after this), but adding World of Warcraft ports (3724, 1119, 6012)  turned the High Priority traffic dot red, and the high priority packets started increasing.

Problem is, the Geo-Filter tab keeps showing me the wordwide radar (wow profile, but same happens with other profiles), on a totally empty map, and the 2 connected tabs "Allow and Deny" and "Auto-Ping" remain empty, while I saw videos on youtube showing people playng games with the ping tab showing all kind of informations.

Can anyone help me fix this issue?

Thank you

P.S.

I already followed the guide at http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-...

My desktop is on spectator mode, i tried adding my computer as a Playstation or XBOX, nothing changes. Empty map, no ping

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Remove the Device from the Geo-Filter, close down the game and launcher. Change the PC to a PlayStation in the Device Manager and then re-add to the Geo-Filter and launch the game/client. We haven't tested this games specifically as you should be able to select your server in game but that should work in Spectating Mode at least.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 13

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Add the PC as a console to the Geo-Filter and then close the game / client launcher completely and restart it, do you see anything on the map then at all?
Message 2 of 13
Soulgix
Guide

Already tried it yesterday but, tried it again right now, the world remains empty

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Do you have another game to test with on PC to see if it populates? Also these games it may not show anything until you're actually in a game.
Message 4 of 13
Soulgix
Guide

I tried inside the game also, but i am installing overwatch right now. As soon as i'm done, i will open the ports and check it

Unlike Fo76 and WoW Overwatch is a game with 12 people inside specific servers, so i hope i'll see something

Message 5 of 13
Soulgix
Guide

PLaying Overwatch now, 6 vs 6, and nothing showing on the map

there is something wrong with the router 😞

Message 6 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you provide a screenshot of the entire Geo-Filter page please, it would be helpful if you do it when you're in a game - even if nothing is appearing.
Message 7 of 13
Soulgix
Guide

Geo filter screen

Message 8 of 13
Soulgix
Guide

QoS screen

Message 9 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Remove the Device from the Geo-Filter, close down the game and launcher. Change the PC to a PlayStation in the Device Manager and then re-add to the Geo-Filter and launch the game/client. We haven't tested this games specifically as you should be able to select your server in game but that should work in Spectating Mode at least.
Message 10 of 13
Soulgix
Guide

😮

It worked, i see a white box in the map

Message 11 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great to hear that, now you can ping it and see the quality of your connection.
Message 12 of 13
Soulgix
Guide

I tested these 2 days, i can now see Fallout 76 server and different Overwatch servers with all the ping informations.

I'm signing the solution and closing the issue

thank you for the support

Message 13 of 13
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7