× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: PCGamer: "Best gaming router Netgear Nighthawk XR500" #Review

BretD
Admin

PCGamer: "Best gaming router Netgear Nighthawk XR500" #Review

npg-xr500-best-gaming-router.png

PCGamer pit the XR500 versus some other great gamer-focused routers in the industry and the XR500 came out on top!

"The Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 is the best gaming router for most users. It features AC2600 speeds (N800/AC1733), a dual core 1.7 GHz processor, dual USB 3.0 ports, Beamforming and MU-MIMO. It also uses Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS), which adds fifteen additional unlicensed channels on the 5 GHz frequency to minimize interference."

PCGamer went on to say:

The Netduma OS in the XR500 offers a number of innovations, including Geo-filtering—which allows a radius to be set (typically <3000 km), after which the router will preferentially connect to the closest gaming server—as well as Bandwidth Allocation that allows for granular control of prioritization of gaming devices. Finally, there is robust QoS for prioritization of gaming traffic.

Read PCGamers full review on Best Gaming Router, the XR500.

Message 1 of 4
Darius68
Aspirant

When hooking up the nighthawk 3200 everything appears ok all lights turn white when I connect devices it shows strong signal but when I try to open page it says nighthawk blocking any ideas?
Message 2 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Darius, you'll need to post here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk for any Nighthawk routers that are not the XR500.

Just as a guess though sounds like you may have Block Sites/Services active in Settings.
Message 3 of 4
sisu94
Initiate

Personally i use the netgear Orbi mesh router in my home for virtually everything I do in the house, and so far, its been great.

However, I found this review of Netgear R7000P Nighthawk routerk r useful enough to help you on your quest.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7