× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PS4, NHL19, Geofilter

Cujoma
Guide

PS4, NHL19, Geofilter

Hey everyone. Question. I guess im not understanding this geofilter setup. I have a ps4, and loading up nhl19, i set my filter to 2000km. Im on the east coast in canada. I cannot find any games. Nothing. I see a user host over in europe somewhere. Is this normal? Why cant i find anything in north america?

And should i be setting the geo filter to spectating instead of filtering? 

If i wanted to join that host in europe how would i go about doing that properly? Thanks in advance

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Re: PS4, NHL19, Geofilter

Hi Cujoma - we've not tested NHL19 so this is a bit of guess work, but I recommend you play a game with spectating mode on. Where does the host appear? I assume it is similar to other EA games, in that one of the players hosts the game. Does that happen? You can tell because the largest icon will be a human shaped icon on the map, and it will be different each game.

Once you figure out where the hosts usually are, switch back to Filtering mode. This will then prevent a host from being outside of your range. 2000km sounds like a good size.

Message 2 of 6
Cujoma
Guide

Thanks for the reply! I put spectating mode on, but no matter what i do i never have anything show up on the map in north america. Im in nova scotia canada. The only thing that ever shows up is a person icon in a triangle over in asia or easter europe. Thats it, nothing else. So for some reason i can never ever connect to anything in north america in that game. COD WW2 works fine in filtering mode..... maybe i have to leave in in spectating mode for nhl 19. 

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Allow those servers then try to filter, does it work then?
Message 4 of 6
Cujoma
Guide

No it doesnt. The most it will ever find is 2 icons. A user and a server. If i click on the server icon, and under ping, give it a name and click allow, it goes under the allow section on the left, but im never able to connect to it again. I may just have ot leave it on spectating mode i assume? So am i understanding correctly that spectating mode is basically using the router without the geo filter option?

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Your understanding is correct yes. If you put your Geo-Filter over that server to connect to it then move back and try to filter does that work?
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7