× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: PS4 Party Chat

ElPresidente
Follower

PS4 Party Chat

For about a week I haven't been able to get PS4 party chat to work properly, I have had my router for over a year and have not changed any setting recently although I got an email about a new update which must have done itself because it says it's up to date. I can be in a voice party and when I record gameplay through the PS4 itself my voice will be recorded and I can also stream directly via the PS4 to Twitch and my voice will be streamed too. (This is all done solely through the PS4, I do not use a PC with a capture card and it is whilst I am in a party). However the moment I am in a party with someone else, their's or mine, no audio will be transmitted either direction and will see their audio icon as flashing as though it is not connected and my mic icon appearring to pic up the audio fine, (the other person sees exactly the same thing).

This  issue is either being cause by the router or my ISP but my ISP is adament it is not a fault on their end. Has anyone else had this issue or knows how to fix it?

I have a model XR500 Gaming router, firmware version v2.4.18.917AU

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you certain you have an XR500 as that firmware doesn't sound like XR500 firmware and it's usually not emailed about either. If you do disable the Geo-Filter and it should work.
Message 2 of 12
Cujoma
Guide

Put it in spectating mode. It will work instantly. There is an issue with party chat and the ps4. You arent alone. i have the issue. Lots of people do. You can try pinging each friend and allowing them, but if their ip changes youll have to do it all over again. Easiest solution is to put yourself in spectating mode. It will work right away. Hopefully netgear or duma come out with a fix for this problem. There has to be ps4 servers that should be whitelisted to allow this to work

Message 3 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's not necessarily that issue but we'll be doing another cloud update asap so if it is then it'll be fixed.
Message 4 of 12
Cujoma
Guide

Sounds great. Keep us posted as to when there will be an update or fix please. Thanks in advance!
Message 5 of 12
Breebz
Aspirant

How do you put your PS4 in spectating mode?

Thanks

Message 6 of 12
Cujoma
Guide

Hey there.
It's under the geofilter tab. When you click the tab, you will see whatever devices you have connected. Mine shows my PS4. Then it gives you 2 options. Either filtering mode, or spectating mode. I leave my PS4 on spectating mode now. It is much less of a hassle when playing. If I'm with friends. And for certain games like fortnite, ping, destiny etc I'd recommend it for sure. If I'm by myself playing cod modern warfare, then I usually change the option from spectating mode to filtering mode.

Hope this helps!
Message 7 of 12
Breebz
Aspirant

Thanks for the explanation.  I am having connection issues with PS4 since the 7.50 firmware update. i cant connect to any games using my vpn.  i did try the spectating mode and still could not get it to connect. if i dont have the vpn the game connects fine.  Have been trying to fix this since yesterday

Message 8 of 12
Cujoma
Guide

Are you having an open nat when you are on your PS4 dashboard, settings and network test? There are apparently a ton of issues with 7.50 update. Not sure if that's related.
Message 9 of 12
Breebz
Aspirant

I have NAT type 2 on normal connection and VPN connection so it doesnt seem to be a NAT issue.

Message 10 of 12
Cujoma
Guide

Well you are saying it connects fine without your vpn. I would think there is an issue with your vpn. I'm not sure as I don't use a VPN ever.
Message 11 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you tried connecting using different VPN servers? How have you added the consoles to the VPN?
Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7