× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PS4 Port Fowarding

Asiantoybox
Tutor

PS4 Port Fowarding

How do you add foward ports with two different set of numbers? I have a ps4 and the ports that I want to add to my XR500 are TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479, 3480 and UDP: 3478, 3479. I hav trying to put those numbers in, it said it needs to have the same numbers in the internal and the external ports. 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: PS4 Port Fowarding

You don't have to put the same one in, just untick 'Use the same port range for internal port'. I wouldn't suggest port forwarding unless you're very confident in what you're doing. Do you already have an Open NAT? If so I would suggest just using UPnP.
Message 2 of 9
Asiantoybox
Tutor

I don’t have an open nat type. When I was playing around with the qos and the geo filter settings, I am having connection issues with connecting to party chat and joining game invites.
Message 3 of 9
Asiantoybox
Tutor

Also, when I was trying to add the ports, it says ''internal port range must have the same fequence of ports as in the external port range''. 

Message 4 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That isn't NAT related, you need to add your friends to your Geo-Filter allow list. You can see how to do this at the bottom of this guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-g...

Did you untick that option I mentioned?
Message 5 of 9
Asiantoybox
Tutor

yes I have unticked that option you mentioned. As for adding players in the geo filter settings, do I have to add the player and the server in order to join that player playstation party chat?

Message 6 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

With that option un ticked I'm able to use different ports for internal and external, does it still not allow you to do that? No you just need to add your friend for party chat. The game server will be allowed through your normal Geo-Filter radius.
Message 7 of 9
Asiantoybox
Tutor

It’s still saying the same thing needs to be the same port numbers for the internal and the external
Message 8 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you provide a screenshot of the page please showing when that happens?
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7