× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PS4 internet drops

JSD31
Follower

PS4 internet drops

Hi Guys

My network consists of  a modem, a XR500 running as the router and a 7500 netgear wifi extender. We have been having issues with the PS4's in the house. The connection seems to drop on each ps4 every 30minutes for about 30 seconds. A message pops up saying cant connect to the internet and the online game/video will close. The connection on the device only goes down long enough for the message to pop up the application to crash and by the time you go back to press play on the video etc the connection is fine again. This consistently happen on each of the two ps4's. Anti bufferbloat is set to 70% up and down and set to when high priority traffic is detected. Applying a geo filter helped with in game ping but has not prevented the dropouts. 

A couple things i noticed in the device manager is that when devices connect to the wifi extender they change from a 2.4ghz channel to the 5ghz channel where the extender is even though on the devices they are strictly set to the 2.4ghz channel. The device names also seem to default to 'playstation' when connected on the 7500 extender. I went through and correctly renamed all the devices and again this helped with in game ping but no prevention to dropouts on the ps4.

If anyone could help with this annoying ps4 issue that would be great.

The router firmware is V2.3.2.22

Thanks! 

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: PS4 internet drops

I've sent you a PM, please see if that resolves your issue
Message 2 of 6
The_R1ck
Aspirant

I have the same problem with a R7000.

What is your solution?

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

YOu need to post this here in this thread:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

Give more details of your situation, connections, modem info and such.

The XR500 differs from your R7000.

@The_R1ck wrote:

I have the same problem with a R7000.

What is your solution?

Message 4 of 6
The_R1ck
Aspirant
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck.

Message 6 of 6