× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PS5 Chat random disconnects on XR500 V2.3.2.114 and QOS

BSlaman
Aspirant

PS5 Chat random disconnects on XR500 V2.3.2.114 and QOS

Hello,

I'm recently facing PS5 disconnects with the XR500 router since some time. I tried a lot but the only thing that works is turning of Qos, which drastically impacts the rest of the network. Please help out. There is another thread but that has no solution. It worked before.

- Disabled Good Put only : disconnect
- Turned of Upnp and forwarded ports : disconnect

- Turned of Qos entirely: connection remains

Board Model NETGEAR XR500

Firmware Version V2.3.2.114

DumoOS A7Legit

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: PS5 Chat random disconnects on XR500 V2.3.2.114 and QOS

With Geo-filter enabled, keep an eye on the Geo-filter map when joining a PS5 party. You will likely see a server or two pop-up as blocked and you'll need to manually allow these. You may find you have to do this a couple of times but after that you should be good to go.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
BSlaman
Aspirant

To the looks of it, I turned off Geo Filtering, and it worked yesterday. My kid also said she had no trouble. I'll be updating

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

With Geo-filter enabled, keep an eye on the Geo-filter map when joining a PS5 party. You will likely see a server or two pop-up as blocked and you'll need to manually allow these. You may find you have to do this a couple of times but after that you should be good to go.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7