× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Philips Hue not connected anymore - issues reconnecting

Danman61
Star

Philips Hue not connected anymore - issues reconnecting

Long story short, I have been dealing with Philips about a Hue bridge not being able to connect to my phone app to complete the setup of my lights.  When I first connected the bridge everything worked fine. But now a couple months later I cannot get the two to communicate. When trying to link the app to the bridge, the app times out and says no bridge found.    BUT I can see the Hue bridge in devices and can see the bridge when I go to the myhue webpage.    Shows the bridge connected to the internet with all the info right there.

After much testing I plugged in an old router I had (netduma r1) and connected the Hue bridge into that, connected my phone's wifi up to the netduma and voila it works just fine, I literally just plugged the netduma into an extra port off my switch.   (centurylink - XR500 - nighthawk switch - netduma R1 - Hue bridge)

------ Now if I plug everything back into my regular internet and wifi I cant get them to communicate.

My normal setup is this
Centurylink fiber - XR500 is handling Vlan tagging and routing - nighthawk s8000 switch - hue bridge

I've also plugged the hue bridge directly into the xr500 and it does the same thing, no connection between the app and bridge

Is there something on the xr500 that is keeping my hue bridge from connecting to my app?
Why would the netduma work but not my xr500??

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Philips Hue not connected anymore - issues reconnecting

Untick 'Disable IGMP Proxying' in Settings > WAN Setup and see if that resolves the issue please.
Message 2 of 6
Danman61
Star

Unticked and tested.

Hue bridge still won't connect to the app

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you change the channel on your 2.4Ghz to be on the least congested channel please. The bridge runs on 2.4Ghz as well so there could be a conflict on the band.
Message 4 of 6
Danman61
Star

The 2.4 band channel was set to auto and using chanel 8.   The Zigbee was using the default channel of 25.

I tried channel 1, 4, 6 and 9 on the router.   No luck on connecting 

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Might be worth calling Netgear support as there may be an option I'm not familiar with.

Could try disabling Beamforming in Advanced WiFi settings
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7