× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: PlayStation remote play issues with XR500 router

Matt_007
Tutor

PlayStation remote play issues with XR500 router

I have been given an XR500 nighthawk from a friend as I was thinking of buying a x10 but since changing I can't use remote play anymore from out side connection..  I seen an answer to problem on her to do a DMZ ip for PlayStation and this doesn't some the problem and could not reply to the thread, any ideas? But issue is annoying me and will go back to Vodafone router and not purchase an x10 if can't solve ... 

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 15

Accepted Solutions
Matt_007
Tutor

I have now fixed issued yesterday I purchased a dm200 router/modem run in modem mode got username and password from Vodafone and everything works, and the net is 10x faster in general..

Just unfortunately the psn servers went down last night so after hours of messing about with router found out I was wasting my time 🙈

View solution in original post

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 14 of 15

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? Built in router here by chance? If so,

Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.

Message 2 of 15
Matt_007
Tutor

Hi and thanks for the reply the firmware is v2. 3.2.40 and updated when I set it up.

I used the set up wizard to get the router working. And then put the Vodafone router into modem mode as per Vodafone tech support advised me. They also gave me network username/password if I needed.
The DMZ server I have set up I have put the Ps4 ip into.

Message 3 of 15
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Also make sure UPNP is enabled on your XR500. Also port forward 9295 (for TCP), and 9296 and 9297 (for UDP) to your PS4's IP address and see if that works.

Message 4 of 15
Matt_007
Tutor

Thanks for your response
Yeah that is switched on,
Port forwarding, is that in the actual port forwarding section create one for ps4 ip address?
Message 5 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

If the modem is in full bridge mode, then DMZ is not needed for the PS. Remove it from the DMZ. 

Just uPnP is only needed....

Message 6 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

DMZ should be sufficient, did you put the correct IP into the DMZ? You can find it in the Device Manager if you click on your PS4.
Message 7 of 15
Matt_007
Tutor

I've tried all these suggestions and still no luck
Message 8 of 15
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Go to this website and then through a PC connected to your router, see if you can connect to one of the ports I listed earlier: 

https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

I suspect it won't be possible. If this is the case, it probably means your modem->router DMZ / port forwarding has not been setup correctly.

Double check you definitely put the correct IP address in your modem's DMZ 

Message 9 of 15
Matt_007
Tutor

Thanks yeah I did double check when you said this last night about the ip..
Message 10 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

If the modem IS fully bridged, DMZ is not needed on the router. Just uPnP. 

What you might do is set the modem back to router mode. Connect the PS to the modem. Does it connect then? If so, reconnect the XR router to the modem. Keeping the modem in router mode. Then use the Modems DMZ for the IP address the XR router gets from the modem. Input this IP address into the modems DMZ. Connect the PS to the XR router. DO not put the PS IP address into the XR DMZ. I would reboot modem, router and power OFF the PS. Wait for the modem and router come back to ready. Power ON the PS and test. 

@Matt_007 wrote:

I have been given an XR500 nighthawk from a friend as I was thinking of buying a x10 but since changing I can't use remote play anymore from out side connection..  I seen an answer to problem on her to do a DMZ ip for PlayStation and this doesn't some the problem and could not reply to the thread, any ideas? But issue is annoying me and will go back to Vodafone router and not purchase an x10 if can't solve ... 

Message 11 of 15
Matt_007
Tutor

I have gone back to original Vodafone router and works, then gone back to the NETGEAR and no connection, checked all ip address ect.. Other places I'm starting to see that it's the Vodafone router is the issue,

I have an old bt router and user name and password, but if its a 10 year old router will that effect the speed if its just in modem mode?
Message 12 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As long as it can handle your speeds it should be just fine to use the BT router.
Message 13 of 15
Matt_007
Tutor

I have now fixed issued yesterday I purchased a dm200 router/modem run in modem mode got username and password from Vodafone and everything works, and the net is 10x faster in general..

Just unfortunately the psn servers went down last night so after hours of messing about with router found out I was wasting my time 🙈
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 14 of 15
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

I'm glad you got it working.

Yeah I was trying to play online yesterday and nothing was working. If I had another console I would've whipped it out at that point.

Message 15 of 15
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7