× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Playstation Network problem

jteagles
Tutor

Playstation Network problem

Evening all, 

Last night got my XR500 working (internet speeds are showing as slower than my isp router but thats for another thread) and tonight Ive put the PS4 on for the first time since using the xr500 and no paystation network.Ive run the connection test on ps4 and the 'obtain ip" -  successful, "internet" - successful, "playstation network" - failed, "Nat" - 2. So everything is fine apart from the psn.Any ideas please? 

Thanks. 

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's strange. I've had it occur sometimes when you have to go to settings and login to PSN first, does that work?
Message 2 of 8
jteagles
Tutor

Thanks for the reply mate,

No that doesnt work.Also I can login no problem through the iphone app

*update* I just tried to set up a wirless connection to the PS4 and the PSN sign in failed on that too.

Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Do you have the Geo-Filter enabled? If so disable and try again, does that work? If not try directly connected to the modem/router instead of the XR500 does it work then?
Message 4 of 8
jteagles
Tutor

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Do you have the Geo-Filter enabled? If so disable and try again, does that work? If not try directly connected to the modem/router instead of the XR500 does it work then?

Just removed the ps4 device from the geo filter but that didnt work.I have the modem set as modem only, will it still work if I connect the ps4 straight into that ?

Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes it will, please try and see what happens
Message 6 of 8
jteagles
Tutor

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Yes it will, please try and see what happens

Finally got it working.Connecting the ps4 to dm200 modem didnt work so I reset the dm200 and set it up in modem+router mode and then reset the XR500 and set that up again too.Now Im signing into PSN no problem.

Message 7 of 8
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the update. Glad you fixed it. I responded on your other thread - it sounds like the modem might be giving you problems so could be worth switching it out for your original ISP modem.

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7