× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Please FIX GEO FILTERING MODE PUBG :(

usermac
Luminary

Please FIX GEO FILTERING MODE PUBG :(

PUBG and the filtering mode is simply not working when matchmaking. I can not connect to any local server. 

Its used to be when matchmaking it would skip putting me in servers out of my selected area and now it will put my in servers way out of region. The lagg is terrible in this game as it is.

I know servers are different now I have not seen an Amazonaws server for weeks so maybe they scrapped useing them.

The thing is I test the filter on fortnight and it works the filtering system on this router is amazing. So it is just PUBG and that is my game I play and love at the moment and really want to know how Netduma is getting on with this.

I just want to be able to connect to London server not South of Germany or at worse USA 

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 19
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi Mac - thank you for letting us know about this. It’s very likely that Blue Hole have changed their server setup given their whole ‘Fix PUBG’ campaign.

We will test this ASAP and push a cloud update out which should automatically correct the locations.

In the meantime, I recommend you switch to spectating mode and enable auto-ping. Then while you are in the lobby with the other 99 players, you can back out if the ping is too high.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.
Message 2 of 19
usermac
Luminary

Thanks for the advice I will use the spector for now. 

Message 3 of 19
usermac
Luminary

I dont want to moan and that but I do feel verry little is being done in order to get this GEO Filter working.

I have been using the spectator for about a month and am simply fed up with having to leave games due to high ping. 

One in in ten matchces I will be lucky to get a london or france server instead I am put in high ping server and have to repeat process.

Is Netduma any closer in getting the GEO FILTERING working on PUBG

A cloud update is needed ASAP or some information on Netdum's progress in how they are getting on with tackling the issue's getting the Geo Filter working. 

Host Type Peer
ID 1b5808d3f5bac5ca
Domain Name 58cabad3.setaptr.net

Message 4 of 19
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi Mac - we are collecting as many server ids as we can so please could you let us know of them here:
http://forum.netduma.com/topic/25918-pubg-players-can-you-help/?tab=comments#comment-188173

Our own testing shows about 80% are correctly located. Where are the laggy servers typically located for you?
Message 5 of 19
usermac
Luminary

Mostly seem to get get connect easy of Germany or going by the location located. My pings will be anything from 50 to 85
Some times I get France and that’s not so bad just the the fluctuation on ping start rubber banding all over the place. If I get London server my ping is great usually around 10ms and it stays at that. But getting a London server is quite time consuming to find. I am pleased you are 80% closer.

Should I just copy and paste the server info when I connect to a local one and post them on that link ?
Message 6 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you post the IDs for the ones where the ping is too high for its location please
Message 7 of 19
usermac
Luminary

this was a really laggy server 

Peer
8abcffca5929252a
Unnamed
Message 8 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you could put them in the netduma forum via the link thatd be great thanks.
Message 9 of 19
usermac
Luminary

Peer
44ac390449e3faff
Unnamed
Message 10 of 19
usermac
Luminary

This one shows up in the USA but 20ms so somthing wrong ..

Peer
44ac390449e3faff
Unnamed
Message 11 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you could instead post them on the netduma forum in the topic linked that’d be really helpful
Message 12 of 19
usermac
Luminary

I have put the posts over at the link. Hope they help 🙂

Message 13 of 19
usermac
Luminary

The gio filter is kind of working now but what Is most anoying is that when you use the gio filter matchmaking does not work its magic with this router. It still finds and atemps to put me in a server out of my zone so then I have to waite 4-5 mins for it to give me conection error. 

Is this as good as it is going to get with geo filter and pubg or will the days when the router would work with the match making only alowing the game to find servers in my chosen zone.

Message 14 of 19
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

DumaOS will only get better over time. Several of us play PUBG in the Netduma office - you can be rest assured that Battle Royale games will be supported in any way that we can find.

That being said, it's how it needs to work. If you're blocking the bad servers for PUBG and only allowing the game to connect you to the good ones, then there will be some waiting in the lobby while the game fails to connect you to a bad server. It's a trade-off - you can set up the router however you want, and if you don't enjoy waiting for the best connection possible it's up to you whether you increase your Geo-Filter radius or just set it to Spectating Mode 🙂

Message 15 of 19
usermac
Luminary

Just at the moment it still connects you to the bad server and then because the routor blocks it you have two choices use task manager and force the game to close or waite for the server connection error. That is what is happening for me that is. 

On a possitive note this BUFFER BLOAT has really impressed me turn it off packet loss turn it on no packet loss

Message 16 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's how blocking works unfortunately as they try to load you in before actually selecting the server so then it gets blocked when you're loading in. Alternative would be to use spectating mode then back out and search again until you get a game. That may be a quicker way of doing it.
Message 17 of 19
usermac
Luminary

It is a shame that it now loads you in before you the server gets block it never used to be this way.  I hope this is not going to be the case with other games.

Message 18 of 19
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Yeh it's quite annoying, but unfortunately it's a decision made by the game developers themselves. Hopefully it doesn't catch on in other games as it'll make finding a better server a bit more tedious :L

Message 19 of 19
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7