× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Please read if you're experiencing DumaOS not loading/login interface issues

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Please read if you're experiencing DumaOS not loading/login interface issues

We have received multiple reports about these issues. I have reported this to our team as this seems to be affecting a few people today, please follow these instructions provided as a workaround while we investigate. Please try a factory reset first before trying this workaround using the button at the back of the router and holding it down for 30 seconds then allowing 1-2 minutes for boot up before accessing:

1. Go to http://routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm
2. Administration -> Firmware Update
3. Download this firmware (two versions below .56*) http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR500/XR500-V2.3.2.32.zip
4. Unpack the .zip file
5. Browse to Image file
6. Upload
7. Go back to Administration -> Firmware Update and disable Auto Upgrade until we can say this has been resolved.

If you receive any errors on the .32 firmware then you may need to clear the cache/cookies on your web browser, if that doesn't solve it then do a factory reset, that should ensure no legacy issues have carried over.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and will investigate this issue ASAP.

*This version lacks some security updates but this is unlikely to affect you as well as some features (e.g. Ping Assist & Device Manager Table View) from the .56 firmware.

Message 1 of 16
Tazzybakes
Guide

Re: Please read if you're experiencing DumaOS not loading/login interface issues

well thank you . I aleady factory reset so that means i have to do all my settigs again ?? not very tech savvy 😕

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 2 of 16
Mark9816
Apprentice

Thank you reseting the frimware fixed the login issue please email me when you have a new firmware fix to totaly solve the issue.

Message 3 of 16
baezrogelio
Aspirant

thanks for the info. was going crazy thinking there was somthing wrong with my router. phew. where can we go for notifications of when a fix is found? I kinda don't like running outdated os, but will til it is resolved.

Message 4 of 16
RiftDragon
Aspirant

Confirmed that for me as well, the 2.3.2.32 firmware works, but anything more recent than that breaks DumaOS as otherwise described (unable to log in / endless redirects).

Message 5 of 16
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you have factory reset you will have to redo your settings yes.

We'll post on the forums when a fix has been done.
Message 6 of 16
Starworshipper
Initiate

Same issue, just chiming in.

Factory reset DID NOT work.

Downgrading the firmware DID work.

Time to spend a good hour or two resetting my configuration. Feelsbadman.

Message 7 of 16
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

*Update* We have identified the issue and we are working on an immediate fix. We will update this post with further information when it is safe to reupgrade back to .56. Thank you for your patience.
Message 8 of 16
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Message 9 of 16
LevelUpLiam24
Apprentice

Had the same problem this morning, I can confirm the solution.

Downgrading the firmware to V2.3.2.32 resolved the issue.
Remember to deactivate router auto firmware update if it's enabled. 

Awaiting a fix for this issue. Thank you!

Message 10 of 16
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Please see the post above yours for the link to the fix. Essentially if you re-upgrade back to .56 it should now work fine for you.
Message 11 of 16
LevelUpLiam24
Apprentice

Worked like a charm, everything is running correctly.

Thanks so much for calling that out can't believe I missed it.

And thanks to the devs for addressing the issue!

Hope everyone at Duma has an awesome holiday!

Message 12 of 16
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Glad to hear that! Thank you, you too!
Message 13 of 16
CreXxton
Tutor

Having same DumaOS not loaded yet! over and over

Message 14 of 16
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Message 15 of 16
CreXxton
Tutor

Your fix did the trick for me.  Up and operating.  Turning it on and off was well within my capabilities - thanks!  Now if I could just find the Tizen that's running on my network!?

Message 16 of 16
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7