× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Plex

BigJay-75
Follower

Plex

Plex Media Server not working after updating

New Plex version: 1.18.0.1913-e5cc93306  Jul 16, 2019

I'm using the XR700 Pro gamming Router when I try to open plex server on the DumaOS screen
it want let me I keep getting This site can't be reached refused to connect. I've updated to the new 
firmware and still nothing I've also factory reset and still getting the same problem.I went back to another
old Version Firmware 1.0.1.8 and still getting the same problem..My ISP is Xfinity Comcast, Modem is 
Netgear CM700..If there's a New version of PLEX I can't do a update because I can't get into the Plex
server on this router July 16 2019 is last year what is the new version for Plex on this router? Please 
help one of the main reason I bought this router is because Plex sever is built in. 
Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: Plex

So when you say can not get in, could you be just a tad more specific?

I would install the latest the beta of the "Router Fimrware" to start as well.

The Plex Version for this router is "1.18.0.1913-e5cc93306  Jul 16, 2019"

That is the latest, so if you have that under settings, Plex Media Server, than you have the "known" latest version of Plex.

Once you have "Enabled Plex Server"

Added A USB Drive or Network Drive to the server

You should be able to login with your free plex account and add the server.

Settings, Plex Media Server, open plex

or if you lan is setup like mine http://192.168.1.1.:32400

or whatever your schema is http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3240 and proceed to login.

Attached is my setup, hope this might help. If not please let me know, if had all this already, don't flame me or anyone else.

Thats a good way not to get help. I started here with the basics, we can go from here. I have 3 plex servers. 1 on this router, one a corei7 machine and one in a VM. They seem to work fine, and better if you have a free plex login to boot.

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Plex

It may sound strange but do you have an Adblocker enabled? If so could you disable that, then try accessing the page again please.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7