× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Polk Audio, Google Home, XR500

WacoJohn
Luminary

Polk Audio, Google Home, XR500

I have a Polk Audio MagniFi Mini Home Theater Sound Bar System which is supposed to work with Google Home.  Running the Google Home app on smartphone does not find a device.  I don't know if it's the router or what.  That is the only think I can think of that might be the problem.  I have tried enabling guest accounts.  No help.  I have tried to make sure everything is on the same home network ... Phone, Polk device ... and they are.

Believe it or not, POLK support says there is a GOOGLE problem with Google Home both on IOS and Android and we have to Wait for Google to (hopefully) fix it.  Sounds a little phony to me.

Any comments are appreciated in advance.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Polk Audio, Google Home, XR500

If other devices are working with Orbi accept for the one device, you'll need to contact Google. 

Message 2 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The only thing I could recommend that may help if it was a router issue would be to disable QoS completely in Anti-Bufferbloat settings. Try that and see what happens.
Message 3 of 11
WacoJohn
Luminary

Thank you.  I do not have an Orbi.

Message 4 of 11
WacoJohn
Luminary

Anti bufferbload is set to NEVER.  Maybe Polk support is right.  Thank you for the reply.

Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Opps type, sorry about that. 

Do other devices worth with the XR router? 

Message 6 of 11
WacoJohn
Luminary

Other devices ... Uhm, .. well, various laptops, tablets, Smartphone, Alexa and Smart TV seem to.  There is a Harmony Hub involved as well.  I am not an expert in all this 'multiple device interoperability'.

Message 7 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Setting to Never is not the same as disabling fully in Anti-Bufferbloats 3 line option menu, do that and see if it works.
Message 8 of 11
WacoJohn
Luminary

Thank you again.  Disabling QOS did not seem to help.  Holding out for Google to uh ... 'fix it'.  

Message 9 of 11
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Random idea, can you try enabling guest WiFi on the router and connecting to that? This worked before for someone having a problem with their NEST device

Message 10 of 11
WacoJohn
Luminary

Yes, I tried that.  No help BUT I think POLK isn't on a guest network at the moment.  Not sure, but I think I have to change that on the Smart TV.  Not sure.  I am supposted to contact Polk in a week to see if Google has 'fixed' the problem.  I will give that a try.  Thank you.

Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7