× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Port Forwarding 25565

prosportal
Aspirant

Port Forwarding 25565

I am trying to portforward to my Minecraft server, which is hosted on my local network. I have a public IP through my ISP and can connect to my local web server on port 80 with no troubles.

My private IP is set to a static address and the R6400 is the only router on the network(I have a wireless ISP).

My server is currently listening on port 25565 and I can connect via localhost without issue.

Port Checker says this port is closed, but my server is obviously listening 

I tried posting pictures, but they were removed because of "invalid HTML"

Can someone help me understand what I may be doing wrong? Can this port be blocked at the ISP level?

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi prosportal, have you port forwarded 25565 inbound/outbound for the server connected to the router? If you haven't then it will not be accessible from the Internet.

If you have then yes it is entirely possible it's been blocked at the ISP level in which case you can phone them and request they unblock that port.
Message 2 of 8
prosportal
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. I have allowed both inbound and outbound through the Windows Firewall, as well as configured DMZ to the server this port is running on.

I contacted my ISP who stated they do not block any ports by default.

Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

After doing that is it now accessible from the internet?
Message 4 of 8
prosportal
Aspirant

No, unfortunately, it is not.

Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay I would recommend calling Netgear Support, they will be able to help you resolve the issue much quicker. If you go here: http://support.netgear.com/ and login you should be able to find a phone number to call.
Message 6 of 8
prosportal
Aspirant

I figured out the issue. The host IP needed to be configured to the IP and I had it set as localhost. I'm so used to working with apache and web servers that I didn't stop to think that this wasn't a part of that.

Message 7 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Ahh great news, glad to hear you got it resolved and thanks for posting the solution!
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7